Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 1 Day 3 - Phase 2, Day 1

Epic Fail. My hubby bailed. He managed to choke down an egg white omelet for breakfast and a single packet of tuna for a snack. Then he tried to eat tuna for lunch and failed. He got home tired, cranky and with a headache at 2:30 and told me he couldn't do it. He couldn't eat tuna. He couldn't eat egg whites. He wanted hummus and Syrian bread. Hummus is back on the menu on Friday, although they don't have a sprouted pocket bread that I know of, so he'd have to eat it with sprouted grain tortillas or rice crackers.

I understand why. Phase 2 is hard if you don't eat meat. And harder still when the choices are so limited. Egg whites need fat to reduce the ick factor. Tuna needs mayonnaise. I had hoped I could do an egg salad with mustard, but I don't like the organic stone ground mustard we bought. I choked it down. And I won't do it again.

I am going to keep going without soy, wheat, corn and dairy. If I can get through today and tomorrow, my choices will expand, because I am willing to eat shellfish (crab, shrimp and lobster) and regular salmon. Smoked salmon is too fishy for me and makes me gag. Since I can have olive oil on Phase 3, it's easier to cook everything, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment