Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 2, Phase 2

Phase 1 is so easy compared to Phase 2. And Phase 3 is a breeze - I can eat that way most of the time.

Phase 2 is a killer. I keep telling myself, "It's only two days. I can do anything for two days."

I'm sure it's easier if you eat a lot of meat and fish, and we don't. So after nearly vomiting egg whites and gagging on tuna on Week 1, Day 3/Phase 2, Day 1, my hubby brought home hemp protein powder and pea protein powder. There is no word on the websites or from the founder on whether these two options can be used on the diet, and we are doing them anyway.

I had a hemp protein shake for breakfast. Not exactly tasty, although much easier to get down than egg whites. Some people would blend with veggies, although "green" shakes are not my thing. They are almost as gagalicious as eggwhites. My tuna is heavily doctored with onions and hot sauce and lettuce and peppers. And I think we are trying tempeh for dinner. Or a soup with pea protein. (Depends on what inspires my hubby today.)

Thanks to my friend Mary, who started a week before I did, I have switched my tuna to Wild Planet brand. The others (Starkist, Chicken-of-the-Sea, Archer Farms) all use "vegetable broth" instead of water for their water packed tuna. And the broth contains soy. For the record, the oil-packed tuna also uses soy, so the only brand I could find without soy is Wild Planet.

Now, power through tomorrow and arrive in Phase 3 on Friday, happy again.

1 comment:

  1. I got this blog site through my friends and when I searched this really there were informative articles at the place. Knee Pain Relief

    ReplyDelete