Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week 4, Phase 1

Going into the home stretch. Still down 15 pounds from the start. Still dreading Phase 2 tomorrow.

I am really looking forward to the "maintenance" version: Healthier eating for a lifetime. Good thing Haylie provides 19 "Tools for Life."

Organic dairy is back in my diet on Monday. Still need to avoid wheat (gluten), corn, soy, caffeine, sugar and alcohol (Tool #12). Most of the time. And there are "secrets" to help deal with the exceptions: a big dinner like Thanksgiving, a sugar binge, or drinking alcohol while having fun and minimizing the damage to your liver. It's important to keep your liver healthy and happy so your metabolism stays "fast".

My mom asked me what would be the first thing I eat once the 28 days is over, and I told her it's probably cheese. I'm looking forward to some fresh mozzarella with my tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar.

Meanwhile, my hubby is trying a new recipe for dinner - our last on Phase 1. And I need to plan for Phase 2 tomorrow. It's only two days. I can do anything for two days...

No comments:

Post a Comment